Skip to main content

Too bad. So many talented stars in democratic party, they're doing great jobs at this convention. The bar is higher for Kerry. Everyone is feeling confident but I have a strange feeling that democratic party will deal with a devastating blow in November because of this bad bad candidate.

I hate to say this: Kerry is going to lose to that moron, period.

Too bad!

Originally posted to torch on Tue Jul 27, 2004 at 09:52 PM PDT.

Poll

Will Kerry screw it up on Thursday?

12%25 votes
87%169 votes

| 194 votes | Vote | Results

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

Comment Preferences

•  Thanks for a worthless diary (4.00)
    Take your "too bad!" and shove it buddy. Let the man give his speech. Thanks for a waste of a diary space. Troll rate me away, if y'all like, but this stuff pisses me off.
  •  I hate to say it (4.00)
    You are a troll!

Wait then again I don't hate to say it.

•  Do you really think (4.00)
    that the Democratic leadership is that stupid?  Speechwriters, pal. Speechwriters.

As the GOP sez... get over it! Your favored one, whomever it might be, lost.  Seeing as they're pretty much all endorsing Kerry, what's your problem?

There is a heaven, but ill never get there... i keep respawning...

by Sandals on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 01:56:46 AM PDT

•  nope (4.00)
    Kerry always rises to the occasion when it counts and it counts big time on Thursday. I expect him to give a great speech and John Kerry is an awesome man and will be an awesome President

Don't send them a message, send them a President.

by OldDemocrat on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 01:57:16 AM PDT

•  Thought about Zoloft? (3.71)
    Chronic depression can now be treated, often with such success that the sufferer can lead essentially a normal productive life.

choices, choices....

•  ...sigh... (4.00)
    The fact that you did not even attempt to justify your irrational statement is enough evidence to me that you might just be one of those...you know...one of THOSE...the 't' word...

...meh...our comments only fuel this endless cycle though unfortunately.  Guilty as charged...

•  What? (4.00)
    As Larry Sabato stated in his last e-mail:

"The Crystal Ball would like to ask you a question: If you had hundreds and hundreds of personal and party aides trying to make you look and sound good in one speech, with thousands of totally committed partisans in a convention hall aching to cheer even your most banal observations, do you think you'd be able to accomplish your goal, which has a low threshold of acceptability anyway? You know the answer."

"It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous." - Orwell

by Defarge on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:02:22 AM PDT

•  Welcome Zell Miller (none)
    I didn't know Zell Miller was a contributer to Daily Kos.

Who Knew?

•  Kerry's really impressed me (4.00)

As a Dean fan, I have to say, I've been very impressed with how Kerry has handled this campaign.  He knows the enemy (the media and the Republican Attack Machine) and he's played them very well.  He has assembled a near-perfect convention (who do you think makes the final decisions here?)

I feel like the guy's a professional.  He's not going to "screw up."  He's not going to overlook some problem leading into Election day.

I really like Gore, but I think Kerry would have played the Florida fiasco like a chess master.  He's built some confidence with me.

•  Too bad? (none)
    That bad grammar sounds terribly familiar..!

Hey, it's POPCORN aka DEANFORUS aka FOREST.

The emperor has no brains.

by daria g on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:08:50 AM PDT

•  It ain't over til tha phat lady sings (none)
    Seems to me best not to diss a speech that hasn't even been delivered yet.
  •  there is only one swami here and thats me (none)
    your full of shit.

WE LOST, GET OVER IT

by ctkeith on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:18:19 AM PDT

•  Waitasecond. (none)
    Not because someone is concerned . . . and it may be a valid concern . . . and they express their doubts and fears here, among people who want the same thing, it means that they are a troll. Maybe they just need reassurance.

My God, some of these responses remind me of Bush getting a question he doesn't like.

Personally, I think Kerry will hit it out of the park and into the water on Thursday, but I tell you this. . . I am concerned about this "positive" campaign he and Edwards keep talking about.
    It seems to me that if he does not show that he's as much of a streetfighter as Bush, people will not be able to place their faith in him to do the tough things or take strong action when called for. This "we won't stoop to their level stuff" is of major concern to me.  And it's a valid concern.

"I know the human being & the fish can coexist peacefully." GWB 8.29.00

by Lords on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:25:44 AM PDT

•  you can do better than that.. (none)
    If i'm going to waste my time reading bullshit troll diaries, at least TRY to make it clever or semi-intelligent.

you turkey.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken

by contrapunktus on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:32:25 AM PDT

•  Torch, torch, torch (none)
    What is Rove paying you, $10 an hour?  Seriously dude, you can do better.  Okay, your grades aren't going so well right now, but wait 'til high school.  You'll find your niche.

"In politics, every day is filled with numerous opportunities for serious error. Enjoy it." - Donald Rumsfeld, "Rumsfeld's Rules", WSJ 1/29/01

by reef the dog on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:44:50 AM PDT

•  I was a Kerry skeptic, but he has passed (4.00)
    his two most important tests to date (his vice presidential pick, and opening the convention with a focus on national security) with flying colors. Picking Edwards over Gephardt (as virtually every weanie pundit from coast to coast has already informed us ad nauseum) showed a deep and abiding understanding of Kerry's own weaknesses as a candidate, not to mention a willingness to throw a little something our way. And the emphasis on national security so far at the convention is precisely what independents needed to hear. Kerry may be a bore, but he's not a bore with a G, which is to say he really listens, he really learns, and he really appears to want to win. That may not be enough to guarantee a victory, but damn they know what they're doing this time, and if we lose it will be because the country is dumb-crazy, and apparently needs some sort of apocalyptic catharsis - not because we didn't do everything right.

"Now in Russia, they got it mapped out so that everyone pulls for everyone else..But what I know about is Texas..and down here you're on your own." Blood Simple

by spot on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 02:46:06 AM PDT

•  Question? (none)
    Are there more unusual people abiding here lately?  I have been reading here much of the last year and in the last three days there are these naysayers.  Well, there are always the people who think the worst will happen (oh, who comes to mind ....)

but last night and tonight people are saying Clinton was a terrible president, Edwards will mess up, Kerry will mess up, boring convention ...

well anyway.  the convention is going great and these people just aggravate me.  Back in the hot days of the Dean campaign we used to imagine a "war room" in the basement of the White House posting on the blogs with comments such as these.

Sowing negatively everywhere.  And they were very good because they could start an argument in the flash of a keystroke.  Make us question our first responses.  Bah, humbug.

•  You are right GrandmaJ (none)
      The blog is getting more of the negative naysayers as we get closer to the election. Some may be Rovian operators (they will do anything to keep in power).  But most are probably just braindead leftist loonies, who don't want to win unless their candidate is absolutely perfect (think Nader).

Unfortunately the far left has many of these soulless people, who couldn't run a race for dogcatcher and win, but will carp about nearly every democractic candidate. Ignore them, watch the amazing Obama speech again, and wait for Johnny Sunshine to light up the convention this evening.  The best is yet to come!

Another Hunter Thompson Deanocrat

by Ed in Montana on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 10:36:01 AM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  Blllllrrgrghrghghgh (none)
    You know, this is the reason why diaries need to be restricted to trusted users.  Otherwise, we just get crap like this.  And new bona fide contributers can get trusted status in a short time by participating normally.  So why do we have this nonsense here?
    •  bah (none)
      I've been here a while and I don't :think: I'm a trusted user.  I'd prefer to be able to post diaries. I don't do that often, but I'd be bitter and resentful if I couldn't.

There is a heaven, but ill never get there... i keep respawning...

by Sandals on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 07:15:30 AM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  Trusted users (none)
        How trusted user status works is a bit of a mystery to me.   If you can see "review hidden comments" above "user info" then you are trusted.  If not not.  If you are not, then I think it should be easier to get that status.  Say two weeks or so of participation and no troll citations on the ticket, etc.
  •  Thanks for wasting my time (none)
    I went to your provocatively titled diary to hear your argument that Kerry would bungle Thursday.  But all you've got is a 'feelng'.  Geez.  You might've said something like 'after so many other terrific speakers, how can he match that?' or 'he cannot match the oratory skills of Obama or Edwards or Clinton' or 'my Magic 8 Ball told me so.'  Instead -- bupkus.  Shame on you.  A big wet raspberry to you.

The Democratic National Convention is rocking my backyard! and my commute!

by magpie02141 on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 08:38:45 AM PDT

•  Torch (none)
    you are obviously a republican sympathizer , with little awareness or ability to contemplate issues.

You offer  adolescent opionated judgements, that somehow jibe with your immature world view, and do nothing to encourage reasonable discourse, which I imagine is something you are totally unfamiliar with.

I encourage you to raise your expectations for yourself, and challenge yourself to grow beyond your    little self content world of ignorance and pain, and fullfill the promise of intelligence within you.

"You will determine whether rage or reason guides the United States in the struggle to come. You will choose whether we are known for revenge or compassion.

by mickey on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 10:13:40 AM PDT

•  The NYC RNC will be too late for Bush (none)
      The DNC has had some fantastic moments.  They have set the bar very high for Kerry and I think hea can do it.

I do have one suggestion:  I hope Kerry doesn't arrive in Boston on a swift boat.  It's just two contrived.

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for Torture:(

by Gator on Wed Jul 28, 2004 at 11:43:24 AM PDT

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site